Wanaka Squash Club Newsletter 7th May 2016
- Subscriptions. If you haven’t paid yet please go online and do this now. Pay online- details on the Wanaka squash club website. Or pay with EFTPOS at the club when a committee member is present and the bar is open (eg Monday and Tuesday nights). If you haven’t paid by the end of next week you won’t be entitled to use the courts.
- Door: leave the mat in the door to keep it open during the day. If you are last at the end of the evening the door should be closed. Repair man promises it will be sorted by 20 May.
- The current round of club league on Mondays and Tuesdays is going well. The last week of this will be 23/24 May. There will then be a two week break for the Club’s Queen’s Birthday Tournament. The next league will start on Mon 13/ Tues 14 June. The next league will be normal best of five games and will count for grading points for those on the grading list, but is open to all members and everyone is encouraged- it will still be fun and social. To enter for this put your name on the list at the club or contact Pip. 027 433 1580
- Business House: If you would like to enter a team from your workplace contact Jeff Limmer 0274977476. This will likely be run on Thursday nights, and is a fun way to introduce new people to squash- so no prior experience required.
- EFTPOS is now working at the club- no more cash please so bring your plastic card for drinks, and you can now pay your subs with EFTPOS.
- Coaching: Ladies coaching is every Sunday night-contact Gillian 021929590 Men’s coaching is on Fridays after work from 5pm- contact Simon Douglas 0273075087. Junior coaching is happening after school on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Contact Keith 0210695884
- Top Club is going well on Wednesday nights and has another couple of weeks to run. Interclub starts on Wednesdays after Top Club finishes. We have seven interclub teams this year which is awesome. Good luck everyone.
- Queen’s Birthday Tournament will be 3-5th June. Enter online, or on the board at the club. There will be a pre-tournament clean up on Monday May 30th from 6pm so if you can spare an hour please come along. If you can help by providing a dish for the evening meal on the Sunday contact Kelley 0211842113 or Pip 027 433 1580. The club can give a $15 contribution towards ingredient costs if requested.
- Firewood: Squash club has some very dry firewood for sale at $60/metre. Also Gary Derrick has kindly donated some trees to be cut up for next winter for fundraising. If you would like to join in and help with this contact Keith 0210695884. Help counts towards your $100 rebate on your subscription next year. (4 hours help meets the requirement).
- Bar Leaners
WANAKA SQUASH CLUB NEWS Email sent to all members 18/03/2016
Dear squash club member
Membership: You should have received your invoice for 2016 by now. Please pay by 20 March or you will risk losing your playing rights. We will be checking up! If you haven’t received an invoice, go online to http://squash.wanaka-online.co.nz/ and 1) sign up under ‘Membership’ and 2) make an online payment.
Summer league Icebreaker is going well with over 40 players and the new format is proving popular. The last round of this league will be on 6th April.
Top Club will start on 20th April and will run on Wednesdays for 6 weeks, the club captains are selecting teams and only one person from each grade is needed.
Open nights continue on Mondays from 5.30, a member of the committee will be there to coordinate games and welcome new members. All welcome.
A&P: A big thanks to all of you who helped man the gates at the A&P show last weekend, and particularly to Jeff Limmer and Mick Hollyer for co-ordinating everyone. With their efforts it all went smoothly and we will have raised several thousand dollars for the club.
If you didn’t get this email, it is because you are not registered and paid up as a club member. Please go to the website as noted under the first item above, and sign up and make payment. You will then receive the regular email updates.
- Subscriptions were sent out in March and most people have now paid. If you haven’t paid yet please go online and do this now. Bank account number is on the Wanaka squash club website under ‘membership’
- Not all key cards are working yet- still a work in progress, so leave the mat in the door to keep it open during the day. If you are last at the end of the evening the door should be closed.
- The summer ‘icebreaker’ club league has now finished and went well, good job to all involved
- Next round of club league will start next week on Monday 11th April and Tuesday 12th April. Last chance to get your name to Pip 027 433 1580 by end of today. If you’re too late for the draw you can still be a reserve.
- EFTPOS coming soon to club- we are trying to do away with cash so bring your plastic card for drinks.
- LETS NO LETS AND STROKES We all need to be referees for matches at times; Josh and Rod are going to have a session on how to make good decisions. Date still to be confirmed. Text Rod 021 240 8548 to grab a spot.
- Head demo night is Mon 18th April 5-6.30pm. (This overlaps a bit with the club league so come early if you want to try and/or buy). See attached poster.
- Coaching: A number of the more experienced players are happy to help with coaching through the season, contact Keith 0210 695 884 if you’d like to improve your game. Gil 021 929 590 will be organising some ladies coaching. Junior coaching after school will start Term 2, if your kids are interested contact Keith if you haven’t already done so.
- Top Club starts on Wed 20th April for about 5 weeks, so some of those Wednesdays will see the courts at Wanaka in use depending whether home or away games. Interclub starts after Top Club finishes, also on Wednesday evenings.
- Everyone please tidy up your cups, beer bottles etc before you leave otherwise the place gets messy very quickly!!
We're have open nights every Monday from 06:00pm during the month of February. All member and non-members welcome. They'll be rackets and someone to play against for anyone who wants a hit.
Page 9 of 11